Remarriage – Finding Love Again
Today more and more people are finding themselves in second and third marriages.
The issues facing couples entering a second marriage are more complex than first marriages. Although many people who divorce have successful subsequent marriages, the divorce rate of remarriages is higher than that of first marriages. Preparation should be more comprehensive.
Consider a specialized programs that include such topics as:
- Lessons learned from a divorce
- Ability not to let an idealized memory or loyalty to a deceased spouse block a new marriage
- Assessment of “baggage” (bad habits, unresolved anger or guilt, self-defeating attitudes) from the previous marriage
- Blending families, becoming instant step-parents
- Mixing finances, pre-nuptial agreements to protect inheritances
- Blending long-standing lifestyles